August was hot not only because of the weather but also because of a lot of exciting news about our company. If you missed new versions of our apps or articles that were published on the blog, take it easy! We collected everything in one post. Make yourself invited to read. Meanwhile, we're going to pack because we are leaving at any moment for our annual hackathon. This time our new product will be created in the pleasant company of sea waves. See you next month! 👋
Appsvio joined the Atlassian Ventures
Our dreams came true. We're so excited to share that Atlassian Ventures has invested in our company. This is a real milestone in the history of Appsvio.
“We’re excited to support Appsvio’s vision to help IT organizations connect with business teams through Jira Service Management,” said Matt Sonefeldt, Head of Atlassian Ventures. “We launched Atlassian Ventures to invest in incredible companies adding value for our 200,000+ cloud customers. Founders Krzysztof, Katarzyna and Piotr have a proven history of success in the Atlassian Marketplace and we can’t wait to see their impact."
We are focused on Jira Service Management because we truly believe in this product. The Customer Portal and its ability to connect business, IT, and development teams add huge value, especially as there are few products that meet this need while offering extensive customizations. At Appsvio, we support the needs of both sides: agents and customers. We want to improve the experience of both groups with new functionalities built to meet our customers’ needs. It shows that our work makes sense! And a happy customer is the best reward for us at the end of the day.
The full article can be found here.
Issue Merger PRO for Jira (Data Center)
This month we have released version 6.0.0 for Data Center and Server hostings. It's the biggest version ever with tons of new features and improvements. All this to take the use of our application to a higher level, friendly to both administrators and users. The main reason for the changes was the adjustment of the Data Center version to the Cloud version, which has recently been developing more dynamically. Thanks to this, we have aligned the functionalities between the versions. You can see a detailed list of our changes below.
⚠️ Breaking change
- The possibility to merge issues via post function is no longer supported.
🎉 New features
- We refreshed the project as well as the global configuration pages.
- Users can select many issues as source issues (Merge from) on the merge dialog.
- The administrator can define projects that issues can be merged into.
- The comment can be added to source and target issues after merging (configured in the global configuration).
- For a faster selection of fields to merge, the administrator can define presets which define the scope of fields and are saved as a template in the global configuration.
- The Add reporter to participants list option has been moved to the merge fields.
- The Fields available to merge, Delete issues after merging, and Merge descriptions into comment features are now available under the project settings.
If you have any doubts regarding the update, we encourage you to contact us via the customer portal.
Feature Bundle for Jira Service Management (Data Center & Cloud)
We have changed the appearance of the Request Steps feature. This makes it visually more consistent with the rest of the customer portal. Moreover, we have added the ability to customize the colors of individual steps. You can easily do this during the setup process. This is especially important if you use apps to change the appearance of the portal, such as Refined for Jira.
On the screen above you can see how the Request Steps panel on the app looks like. And if you're intrigued by the example of Ed Sheeran's concert, read how to use Jira Service Management to sell concert tickets.
Customer Details for Jira Service Management (Data Center)
Our app has been successfully approved by Atlassian. Data Center customers can now use the dedicated version of Customer Details. Obviously, we're not slowing down. We're working on the new version of the People page. The big release is coming soon - keep your fingers crossed.
New articles on our blog
- We know that understanding Atlassian's pricing plans is not the easiest task. Especially when it comes to Jira Service Management in the cloud version, one source of truth is missing. But don't worry, we're your guides! Here you can read all the important information about the pricing plans with our comments.
- Our motivation to act is the constant feedback we receive from customers regarding our apps. Often the result of successful cooperation is a review left on the Atlassian Marketplace. Do you know that this is one of the important criteria when choosing the right product for your project? However, this topic also has a dark side... We encourage you to read our article. And of course, leaving a review for our apps which you use. Your voice matters!
Share your feedback
As usual, we ask you to share your thoughts about new features. We'd love to hear your feedback.